Did you know?
10 Quick facts: A group of cats is called a Clowder.. Cool right?
- The world's richest cat, Blackie, is worth $13 million dollars after their owner passed away in 1988 and requested that the entire will go to the cat
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by a third
- The AB system is the major blood group system in domestic cats
- An average cat has 1-8 per litter and 2-3 litters per year
- The ancient Egyptian lower kingdom used to believe in a cat deity called BAST- a female God who was originally the protector goddess of Lower Egypt and depicted as a fierce lioness
- There are overnight cat boarding suites that cater to all cat needs without using cages, kennels and prove to be great for mini cat vacations (one of those sites being https://www.catsonlyboarding.com/boarding-1)
- A cat has been mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska, for 15 years. His name is Stubbs
- Cats have 1,000 times more data storage than an Ipad
- There is a woman who has been married to a cat for 10 years- her name is Barbarella Buchne
- Aoshima is a Japanese island that has a large stray cat population (AKA Cat Island!). People who live their believe that feeding the cats will bring wealth
Wow- what great facts!
Now that we've got those amazing starter facts out of the way the real fun can begin! Cats are creatures that have been domesticated for over 4,000 years- meaning there is so much information to share about them! We have broken up cat facts into a few sections listed below to satisfy all your cat inquires- how puuurfect is that?!
Is there a disease that makes you love cats?! Watch video below to find out!
Cat eye color:
Cat Fur Color:
Cat world records:
Big Cat Facts: